Students from La Sabana's partner universities (Exchange):
This program is for students from partner universities who wish to to take courses at La Sabana for one semester or academic year. The application for this program must be submitted by the International Relations Office of the home institution. Applications submitted directly by students will not be considered.
Please check information below for application process & documents.
Students from non-partner universities (free movers):
This program is for students from non-partner universities who wish to to take courses at La Sabana for one semester or academic year. For this program, students must apply directly to La Sabana. In addition, within this scheme, students will study at La Sabana on a fee-paying basis and a transcript of records will be provided to all students; this can be used for credit transfer at their home institution. See more...
For students who wish to take courses at La Sabana for one semester or academic year.
- La Sabana application form.
- Please check the academic offer to complete your application form:
- Copy of the biographical page of passport.
- Official transcripts. If in a language different from Spanish and English attach a sworn translation.
- Spanish Language:
- If Spanish is not your first language and you want to enroll in Spanish Taught classes, a Spanish language proficiency level of B2 (CEFR) is required in accordance with La Sabana language Study Abroad and Exchange entry Language Scores.
- Spanish proficiency should be certified by you Language Department and/or Language Center and/or Spanish tutor with a minimum level of B2 (CEFR).
- English Language:
- If English is not your first language and you want to enroll in English Taught Classes, a English Language proficiency level of B2 (CEFR) is required in accordance with La Sabana language Study Abroad and Exchange entry Language Scores.
- English proficiency should be certified by an International Assessment Test and/or your Home University Language Department.
- List of Minimum Entry Language Scores:
- B2 (CEFR)
- TOEFL iBT: 72 (overall)
- IELTS: 5.0 (overall)
- TOEIC: 400 (overall)
- FCE Pass
- Home University Language Department certification with B2 (CEFR)
- Complete your home university internal process.
- Your university will submit your nomination.
- Complete all application and send the documents within La Sabana's deadlines.
- If you receive a positive response from the Universidad de La Sabana, you will receive an official acceptance letter. This document will contain important information regarding your exchange process.
Application deadline for Spring Semester (January - May) 2022-1: November 06 (2021)
Application deadline for Fall Semester (July - November) 2022-2: May 6 (2022)
IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Passport will be the identification form. It is recommended to leave the original passport in a safe place and carry a legible copy.
- Students from a country with which there is a visa exemption agreement and who are in Colombia for less than 180 days (6 months), must:
- Enter the country with a PID entry permit. This will be granted at the port of entry (Airport) when presenting the PID letter sent with the acceptance documents. The PID permit will allow the student to stay in Colombia for 90 days.
- Upon expiration of the 90 days, students must request an extension of PID in Bogotá – Migration Extension, which will extend the stay for an extra 90 days. This process has a cost of approximately USD 30.
- Students from a country with which there is a visa exemption agreement and who are in Colombia for more than 180 days (6 months), must apply for a VISITORS VISA. This process must be done prior to enter the country or up to 15 days after entering the country. Both ways are valid for visa exemption countries, otherwise, student must apply from home country before travelling.
- Visa holders must then apply for a FOREIGN ID.This process must be done up to 15 days after getting visa stamp on passport.
- IMPORTANT: Please check for regulations and penalties. There are specific times that students must complete according to Migration Regulations.