The Chemical Engineering degree at Universidad de La Sabana is focused on the design of products and processes, using modern simulation tools and the principles of green engineering, as a solution to problems where transformation of matter and energy occurs.
This program degree is subject to inspection and surveillance by the Ministry of National Education.
On-campus, daytime academic program.
HIGH QUALITY CERTIFICATE BY THE MINISTRY OF NATIONAL EDUCATION:
Renewal of the Registry according to Resolution No. 9888 of July 31, 2013. Validity 7 years.
Qualified Registry according to Resolution No. 1766 of April 10, 2007.
PLACE OF PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT:
University facilities, Campus del Puente del Común, Km. 7, Autopista Norte Bogotá. Chia, Cundinamarca, Colombia.
LEVEL OF ACADEMIC EDUCATION:
Accreditation for 8 years, according to Resolution 09435 of June 8, 2018, granted by the Ministry of National Education.
REGISTRATION AND OTHER VALUES
Registration fee: $ $ 125,000 COP / 41 USD
The cost of the enrollment for 2018 is differential and therefore based on the socioeconomic status of the applicant.
The cost changes as follows:
|Value of the semester in pesos.||Approximate dollar value *|
|$ $ 11,100,000 COP||$ 3,593 USD approx.|
* It is settled at the approximate value TRM of the day.
The chemical engineer from Universidad de La Sabana is able to perform with excellence, in:
- Business Management.
- Plant engineering.
- Project development and project management.
- Product and process design.
- Technical marketing.
- Environmental management.
- Occupational health, industrial safety and process quality.
- Research and development.
- Consulting and advice.
It comprises 175 Academic Credits to be developed in nine calendar semesters, including professional Internship; It has few prerequisites, which makes it easier for the student to organize their curriculum with flexibility.
Approximately 60% of the credits of the study plan correspond to common subjects with other programs of the Faculty of Engineering, which gives the student the possibility of study a double program.
If you get into the program in the period from 2015-2, click on Curriculum 2015-2.
If you got into the program in the period "second semester of 2007 to first semester of 2013", click on Curriculum 2007-2 - 2013-1.
The Chemical Engineering degree candidate must be a bachelor:
- With intellectual curiosity, mathematical aptitude and a taste for the natural sciences (physics, chemistry and biology).
- Motivated to learn, with interest in the field of action of chemical engineering and in the social scope of the exercise of a profession.
- Willing to assume the commitment to develop intellectual skills and to become fully trained as a person and as an engineer.
The chemical engineer of the Universidad de La Sabana is a professional who:
Uses science and technology to solve problems involving the transformation of matter and energy using modeling and simulation tools; with a focus on product design and the principles of green engineering. He is a leader/entrepreneur that works with sustainability criteria, ethics and social responsibility, attending to the Christian vision of man and world.
The Chemical Engineer graduated of the Universidad de La Sabana is a well rounded professional who:
The Chemical Engineering graduated from Universidad de La Sabana is a well rounded professional who: Develops and leads organizations that provide goods and / or services, integrating the principles of green engineering and modeling and simulation tools for the design of products and processes. Solves problems with a solid foundation in science and technology, demonstrating effective communication and leadership skills. Contributes significantly to the sustainable development of society. Adapts responsibly to the global trends and needs of the industry and consumer trends.
Student outcomes for the Chemical Engineering Program of the Universidad de La Sabana are:
a. An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
b. An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
c. An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
d. An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
e. An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems f. An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
g. An ability to communicate effectively.
h. The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
i. A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
j. A knowledge of contemporary issues.
k. An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
|What are the Program Educational Objectives?|
The chemical engineers of the Universidad de La Sabana
- They will reach leadership positions in areas related to chemical engineering, working on the design of innovative and environmentally sustainable solutions.
- They will be recognized professionals for promoting solutions based on the strengths of the team and the requirements of a project.
- They will be committed to the continuous improvement of the quality of life of society with a focus on sustainable development.
- They will practice engineering adapting to the needs of the industry and the global trends of consumers.