International Summer School 2020
Since the summer of 2007, the International School of Economic and Administrative Sciences offers an International Summer School made up of a series of short courses taught by highly qualified professors which aims to enhance its participants' global vision.
Professors from Australia, United States, Canada, Spain, France, Germany, Portugal, United Kingdom, India, Iran, United Arab, Emirates, Mexico, Argentina, among other countries, have joined the Summer School and have taught courses in topics such as: international business and commerce, logistics, marketing, economy, finance, creativity and sustainability.
The duration of the courses is between 30 and 40 hours, and lectures are held at the university campus. Participants include undergraduate and postgraduate students, lecturers and professionals who have a special interest in getting broader knowledge of their areas of study/work.
Besides teaching, lecturers get to spend quality time with our researchers, finding common grounds for future research and academic projects, as well as getting in touch with Colombian culture, landscapes, gastronomy and people.
TOPICS OF INTERESTS
Strategic Management (applied)
Big Data Analytics
Sustainability in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Last Mile Operations in Megacities
Logistics Management in Megacities
Resilience and Risk in Logistics and SCM
Sustainable Development Goals
Finance and Economy
Culture and Gastronomic Heritage
Management in the
Functional product design
Slow and fat food
Application Deadline:Friday, November 22, 2019.
International Summer School Dates:First and second week of June 2020.
Interested candidates should send the application to Daniela Sierra Parra, Head of Internationalization of the International School of Economic and Administrative Sciences, email@example.com, and to María Carolina Álvarez, Coordinator of Internationalization of the International School of Economic and Administratives Sciences, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must contain:
1. Motivation letter either in English or Spanish addressed to Catherine Maria Pereira Villa, Dean of the International School of Economic and Administrative Sciences.
2. Detailed CV highlighting main topics of teaching experience (Ph.D. desirable).
3. Course syllabus proposal specifying the preferred language of instruction -English or Spanish- and indicating the methodology that will be implemented (case studies desirable).
Applications are accepted until Friday, November 22, 2019
Universidad de La Sabana will provide:
- Orientation with all visa procedures and/or work permit.
- Airplane tickets (Economy class).
- Accommodation (4 category hotels) and food expenses while in Colombia (breakfast at
- hotel, lunch at restaurants and cafeterias of the University, dinner at hotel or restaurants
- up to $60.000 COP reimbursement per dinner).
- Transportation: Airport-Hotel-Airport and Hotel-University-Hotel.
- International Health Insurance.
- The material needed for the courses according to each professor’s requirements
- (photocopies, slides printed for students, among others).