Study Abroad / Exchange
For students who wish to take courses at La Sabana for one semester or academic year.
For students coming from La Sabana's partner universities (Exchange): The application must be submitted by the International Relations Office of the home institution to La Sabana's International Mobility and Resources Coordinator. Applications submitted directly by students will not be considered.
For students coming from non-partner universities (free movers): Students must apply directly to La Sabana. Students in this scheme will study at La Sabana on a fee-paying basis. A transcript of records will be provided to the students, so that they can apply for credit transfer at their home institution.
- La Sabana application form (signed). Click here to download the form.
- IMPORTANT: Applications that do not include the subjects for approval in the "Study Plan Proposal" section of the application form will not be processed. Please keep in mind that, in most of the cases, internationational students are exempt from the subjects' pre-requisites. Therefore, do not take them into account when selecting the subjects you wish to register at La Sabana. You can find the full list of English-taught subjects here.
- 1 picture attached to the form. On the back please write your name and passport number
- Copy of the biographical page of the passport
- CV in Spanish or English
- letter from the university of origin
- Official transcripts (original and copy). If in a language different from Spanish and English attach a sworn translation
- Motivation letter addressed to the academic program explaining the motivation for coming to La Sabana (original)
- Two letters of academic recommendation (in Spanish or English) addressed to the academic program at La Sabana.
- Proof of Spanish level (copy).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING VISAS AND ENTRY PERMITS
Students coming from a country with which there is a visa exemption agreement and for under 90 days have to enter the country with the entry permit PIP2 which will be given at the airport. After the 90 days, the student must apply for a PTP2 in Bogotá.
Students coming from a country with which there is not a visa exemption agreement or for over 180 days have to apply for a TP3 visa. Also, onve in the country, immigration law requires the student to apply for a Cedula de Extranjería (CE) for which it is required to provide proof of blood type and RH factor.
PLEASE, KEEP IN MIND THAT ONCE ADMITTED YOU HAVE TO APPLY FOR A TEMPORARY STUDENT VISA AND WITHIN THE FIRST WEEK IN COLOMBIA YOU HAVE TO APPLY FOR A CÉDULA DE EXTRANJERÍA.
SEND APPLICATION TO:
Manager of Mobility and International Resources
Tel.:57 1 8616666, Ext. 11311
Autopista Norte Km. 7, Puente del Común
Chía, Cundinamarca, Colombia
Applications for 2018-1 (January-May)
Application deadline: October 31st, 2017.
- Orientation week: January 16th, 2018.
- Classes start: January 22nd, 2018.