1. Academy of Management 'Discoveries' PDW
In line with its mission, AOM ´Discoveries’ (AMD) is holding a proposal development workshop, in association with the Iberoamerican Academy of Management Meeting, on December 4, 2019, from 14:00 to 17:30.
Presentation topics include:
- Abductive (as opposed to deductive and inductive) reasoning as a necessary basis for research in management and organizations
- Plausibility vs. Confirmation, and the distinctive nature of AMD papers.
- Surfacing phenomenon: Phenomenology and scale development research in AMD
- Metaanalysis and replication research in AMD
- Using big/secondary data as a basis for theoretical insight
- How to maximize the odds of paper acceptance in AMD
Roundtable paper development sessions:
- Feedback on papers that authors are considering for submission to Academy of Management Discoveries
- A select number of papers will be presented, discussed and developed.
- Discussions are open to both paper authors and nonauthor participants.
Discussions will focus on framing, methodological rigor, empirical follow-up, interpretation, and specifying directions for down-the-road theorizing.
2. Academy of Management 'Perspectives' PDW
In line with its mission, AOM ´Perspetives’ (AMP) is holding a proposal development workshop, in association with the Iberoamerican Academy of Management Meeting, on December 5, 2019, from 10:00 hrs to 13:00 hrs.
Please visit the website for information on this and other AMP Paper Development Workshops.